Grammargrounds grammar education is a free, comprehensive site with instruction, videos, quizzes, and more. The English teacher looking for tools, the student looking for some extra help, or the new English speaker hoping to master the language will find what he or she is looking for here.
GrammarGrounds Grammar Education
Grammar WELL- GroUNDED
Misplaced and Dangling Modifiers Quiz
In the following sentences, identify and correct the misplaced and dangling modifiers.
1. A man in a ski mask robbed the bank with a gun.
2. Working all weekend, Jamal nearly earned five hundred dollars.
3. Opening a can of tuna, my finger got cut.
4. Landon crossed the finish line with arms raised.
5. Visited by thousands of people every year,
tourists can see all of Paris from the top of the Eiffel Tower.
6. Driving down the winding road, getting car-sick is common.
7. My grandfather only hears when people speak loudly.
8. Having forgotten to study, the test was very difficult for Paul.
9. Tisha drove to the store in her new car.
10. Frustrated by the noise in his house, the library was the only place Janet could concentrate.